Azure is Microsoft’s cloud computing platform, which gives the user the freedom to build, manage, and deploy applications on a massive global network using your favorite tools and frameworks. The AZ-900 exam is an ideal way for individuals new to the cloud computing field to prove knowledge and experience.
Azure capabilities can be broken down in 8 main categories:
1. Compute Services
2. Cloud Storage
4. App Hosting
5. Artificial Intelligence
6. Internet of Things
Exam AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
Microsoft says the objective of this exam is to demonstrate foundational level knowledge of cloud services and how those services are provided with Azure.
Candidates for this exam should have foundational knowledge of cloud services and how those services are provided with Microsoft Azure. The exam is intended for candidates who are just beginning to work with cloud-based solutions and services or are new to Azure.
Azure Fundamentals exam is an opportunity to prove knowledge of cloud concepts, Azure services, Azure workloads, security and privacy in Azure, as well as Azure pricing and support. Candidates should be familiar with the general technology concepts, including concepts of networking, storage, compute, application support, and application development.
Azure Fundamentals can be used to prepare for other Azure role-based or specialty certifications, but it is not a prerequisite for any of them.
- Describe cloud concepts (25–30%)
- Describe Azure architecture and services (35–40%)
- Describe Azure management and governance (30–35%)
Note: The English language version of this exam was updated on October 28, 2022.
Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Exam Summary:
|Exam Name||Microsoft Certified – Azure Fundamentals|
|Exam Price||$69 (Poland), $99 (USD)|
|Number of Questions||40-60|
|Passing Score||700 points/Total score: 1000|
|Books / Training||AZ-900T00-A: Microsoft Azure Fundamental|
|Schedule Exam||Pearson VUE|
|Sample Questions||Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Sample Questions|
|Practice Exam||Microsoft AZ-900 Certification Practice Exam|
How to prepare for the exam?
There are a ton of resources to help with your exam preparation. Microsoft recommends using its online platform, Microsoft Learn, which provides learning paths and modules you can read at your own pace for free.
I. Instructor-led path:
This course will provide foundational level knowledge on cloud concepts; core Azure services; and Azure management and governance features and tools.
This 1 day course is available in following languages:
This course is suitable for IT personnel who are just beginning to work with Azure. This audience wants to learn about our offerings and get hands-on experience with the product. This course primarily uses the Azure portal and command line interface to create resources and does not require scripting skills. Students in this course will gain confidence to take other role-based courses and certifications, such as Azure Administrator. This course combines lecture, demonstrations, and hands-on labs. This course will also help prepare someone for the AZ-900 exam.
II. Self-paced path:
1. Microsoft Learn:
a. Microsoft Azure Fundamentals: Describe cloud concepts
This Azure fundamentals learning path is the recommended course to prepare the AZ-900 exam. It’s about 10-hour course containing 11 modules:
- Describe cloud concepts – Describe cloud computing
- Describe cloud concepts – Describe the benefits of using cloud services
- Describe cloud concepts – Describe cloud service types
- Describe Azure architecture and services – Describe the core architectural components of Azure
- Describe Azure architecture and services – Describe Azure compute and networking services
- Describe Azure architecture and services – Describe Azure storage services
- Describe Azure architecture and services – Describe Azure identity, access, and security
- Describe Azure management and governance – Describe cost management in Azure
- Describe Azure management and governance – Describe features and tools in Azure for governance and compliance
- Describe Azure management and governance – Describe features and tools for managing and deploying Azure resources
- Describe Azure management and governance – Describe monitoring tools in Azure
These modules are almost always plain text without any videos. Be ready to read and take notes!
2. Adam Marczak – Azure for Everyone
Channel on Youtube.
Preparation for AZ-900 exam – Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Full Course, Free Practice Tests, Website and Study Guides.
3. Scott Duffy’s AZ-900 course on Udemy
4. Scott Duffy’s AZ-900 practice tests on Udemy
Three complete timed practice tests for AZ-900 Azure Fundamentals exam, 150 questions, 100% original material.
5. Scott Duffy’s Microsoft Azure Group (Unofficial) on Facebook
Join this fantastic group on Facebook if you have any questions, doubts, problems. This group helps, supports and advises.
6. Practice Assessment for Exam AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
Practice Assessments on Microsoft Learn is Microsoft’s newest free exam preparation resource that allows you to assess your knowledge and fill knowledge gaps so that you are better prepared for your certification exam.
7. Practical tasks
I strongly recommend that you:
- Create a free account
- Read Azure services overview
- Practice on your own with Azure templates
- Monitor your progress with the skills outline
- Take practice exams
Follow the tips mentioned above to pass the exam without any difficulties. If you want to add any tip from yourself, please leave a comment.
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Kindly share it with others if you find it helpful!